2nd Argentinean Student Forum
Place: Universidad Nacional de La Rioja (UNLaR), La Rioja.
Date: April, 16th to 17th- 2015
Organizers: Student Platform for Engineering Education Development (SPEED), Universidad Nacional de La Rioja (UNLaR), Universidad Nacional de Formosa (UNaF), Universidad Tecnológica Nacional (UTN); Universidad Nacional de General Sarmiento (UNGS).
Attendees: the FAEI has had the participation of 80 engineering students from few provinces of Argentina: Formosa, La Rioja, Chaco, Buenos Aires, Mendoza, etc.
• The main goal of this forum is gather ideas from Argentine students regarding proposals for the improvement of their engineering education, and encourage them to be active participants in this field.
• Establish relationships between institutions and students in order to strengthen the exchange of information about issues of common interest between them, and meet other organizations that working in the training of engineering students.
• Give to know about the global students organization, SPEED, and encourage participation in the GSF-WEEF, that it taking place every year in different parts of the world.
• With the methodology of Action plans: it is intended that these will be a tool to keep in mind when the actual students try solving real problems in their profession.
A- Action Plans
Like the GSF, the main activity was the action plans development. The participants were divided into 5 tracks with 16 students each. Each track was directed by a SPEEDer moderator of the organizing team and professor moderator in charge of presentation of the topic of the track. The topics were:
Track 1: The Engineer in connection with the Economy, Production and The Environment. Professor Moderator: Ing Claudio Nadal (contact: ). SPEEDer moderator: (contact: )
Track 2: The Engineer with scientific visión. Professor Moderator: Ing Eduardo Delgado (contact: ). SPEEDer moderator: (contact: ) •
Track 3: The importance of Engineering on Developing Countries. Professor Moderator: Ing. Hector Peña Pollastri. (contact: ). SPEEDer moderator: (contact: ) •
Winners: The action plans were developed during all days of the event. In the last day, the organizing committee elected the best Work of each track. In this way have obtained 5 positions and 5 winners groups and finally, the best of the bests Action Plan.
The award was a Tablet for each student of the group of the action plan winner.
Implementation of Action Plan: The main goal of SPEED is improve the engineering education through student voice. The best way for this happen is through action plan implementation. Therefore, after the event, the organizing committee must guide each group for the implementation of their action plans. All action plan are documented.
Comments: We need to work harder to achieve the implementation of the action plans. After each regional event should develop conclusions and establish the steps to follow up for the next forum. The most important thing is to make sure that the forum has had a real impact on engineering education and students.
In Argentina we are trying to send all action plans to the board of rectors of the Argentine universities to listen to the proposals of students
As secondary activity we have developed conferences dictated by professional of the región. The topics were:
• Sustainability Report. GRI G4 methodology. Dictated by Ing. Cristina Maldonado.
• Alfa SAPEM: Plant purification of sewage liquids. Dictated by ing. Patricia Paez De La Fuente.
• The use of water in the mining. Dictated by Ing. Mario Capello.
• Arauro Eolic Park. Dictated by Ing. Mauro De La Fuente.
"A comprehensive professional", in order to promote the integration of the group of students from differents engineerings; This workshop was delivered by Ms. Lic Ana Veronica Gonzalez and his team. It came to learning about leadership and teamwork through funny games